The CFSD Professional Pathways program is designed to extend learning and leadership opportunities for educators in Years 4 and beyond, building on the support they received in the Great Beginnings: Systems for Success program in Years 1-3. Our teacher-designed and teacher-driven Professional Pathways program provides a variety of ways for teachers to develop their own learning and capacity for leadership, and allows all certified educators (teachers, administrators, counselors, specialists) to pursue topics that they are passionate about in collaboration with their peers.
Professional Pathways Program Goals
The CFSD Professional Pathways program will:
- increase learning results for all students.
- provide a clear path to leadership for teachers.
- build networks of teachers who support and improve each other's practice.
- promote autonomy, collaboration, and mastery in teacher learning.
- provide consistent access to content-specific learning and expertise.
- provide a wide variety of learning structures and topics.
The Professional Learning Cycle
We know that people learn best when they are given a choice, are allowed to pursue topics that align with their interests, and are supported over the long term. Therefore, most of the learning opportunities within the program are embedded within a multi-year cycle of planning, implementation, evaluation, and refinement.