The Catalina Foothills School District (CFSD) has a long-standing commitment to providing students with a comprehensive arts education. The arts are an essential part of a total program of study, and also contribute to raising overall student achievement. Artistically literate graduates are well-equipped with the creativity, communication, critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative skills necessary to live rich, meaningful lives.
The CFSD Academic Standards in the Visual and Performing Arts embrace the idea of artistic literacy – the ability of students to create art, perform and present art, respond to or critique art, and connect art to their lives and the world around them. Developing artistic literacy in our students is the overarching goal of arts learning and programming in CFSD.
The organization of the standards reflects the importance of separate arts disciplines (e.g., music, theatre, visual arts, media arts) as one common body of knowledge and skills, while still pointing to the unique requirements of individual disciplines. An essential goal of the standards is that all students have regular, sequential arts instruction throughout their K-12 education.
- Band: Proficient
- Band: Accomplished-Advanced
- Steel Drums: Proficient
- Steel Drums: Accomplished-Advanced
- Beginning Guitar: Proficient
- Intermediate Guitar: Accomplished
- Advanced Guitar: Accomplished-Advanced
- Concert Orchestra: Proficient
- Sinfonia Orchestra: Accomplished-Advanced
- Symphonic Strings: Accomplished-Advanced
- Choir: Proficient
- Choir: Accomplished
- AP Music Theory
- Theatre Fundamentals: Proficient
- Intermediate Theatre Arts: Accomplished
- Advanced Theatre Arts & Acting Ensemble: Advanced