Welcome to the Catalina Foothills Unified School District #16 in Tucson, Arizona, a system of schools recognized as an exceptional learning place for our community's school-age children. We are Tucson's leading educational choice for PreK-12. We educate many students living throughout the greater metro Tucson area.
Our district strategic plan, Envision21: Deep Learning, outlines our commitment to prepare our students well for a 21st century life that is increasingly complex and global. We are determined to create a learning environment in which each student achieves academic and personal excellence.
Teaching and learning are at the heart of our enterprise. We know that a dynamic curriculum that engages students in deep learning taught by highly competent professionals who are held accountable for learning results is key to our students' success here.
Please take the time to get to know us better through this Web site. There are links throughout the site that take you to video clips of our students, staff, and parents whose images and voices tell our educational story. Enjoy.
Mary Kamerzell, Ph.D., Superintendent
charting the course for quality education.
CFSD Fast Facts
Founded in 1931
• One early learning center (Pre K)
• Four Elementary Schools (K-5)
• Two Middle Schools (6-8)
• One High School (9-12)
District-Wide Attendance Rate: 99%
Graduation Rate: 97.5%
College Attendance Rate: 94%
65 cents of every dollar are spent in direct services to our students.
• Before and after school CARE program
• Certified school counselors at all schools
• Community adult non-credit classes
• Dozens of other extracurricular offerings for students of all ages
• Extended day classes and full summer programming at all levels K-12
• Extended math and reading programs for grades K-5
• Full day kindergarten (fee-based program for half of the day)
• Gifted education (interdisciplinary studies)
• Music, visual art, physical education taught by specialists for grades K-12
• Over twelve interscholastic athletic programs
• Reading Strong (reading support for grades K-3)
• Eighteen Advanced Placement course offerings
• Spanish for grades K-5 (30 minutes daily of oral language development)
• World language learning for grades 6-12 (Spanish and Mandarin)
• Spanish and Chinese immersion programs for young learners